Saturday, June 29, 2013

London Day 3

Today's weather reminded me of prime-quad-season at James Madison University. Everyone in London was sitting around in beach towels and on the grass of St. James Park enjoying the outdoors and laying out in the atypical sunshine.

For today's adventure I went to Kensington Palace where I learned a great deal about former resident Queen Victoria and her husband (and cousin) Albert and their eight children. I also toured the gardens of the palace and took in the beauty.

After Kensington, St. Paul's Cathedral was our next stop. Unfortunately they were having an ordanation ceremony and therefore no tours were going on. However, now we are going to attend CHURCH SERVICE there tomorrow morning at 8. What an opportunity of a life time! 

We had tickets to tour Winston Churchill's War Room and although I didn't take any pictures it was such a cool experience! They had remote-like-audio guides so you could tour at your own pace and listen to the recordings as you go from room to room. The bunker was pretty crammed but it was interesting to learn some more WWII history and get the sensation of going back in time.

After the bunker tour, and walking (what felt like) 10 miles throughout London and St. James Park, we decided to view Buckingham Palace and the British Cavalry Museum as our final destinations before dinner. 

The museum definitely made me miss my soldier, but I was still able to have fun and dress up in the camouflage I saw other cavalry soldiers wearing. Not a good look for me though :P



Thank you for your continued support and comments! I am having the time of my life here.


No comments:

Post a Comment