Thursday, June 27, 2013

Business Class Experience

So I am incredibly fortunate that my parents were able to upgrade my airplane tickets to Business Class because they had so many frequent flyer miles!

Having always been a coach girl my eyes were completely opened to the opulence and swankiness that business class 'clients' receive. I definitely didn't fit in, wearing my grey quarter zip and funky 3 year old rainbows. I took full advantage of the experience though.

Before the flight I spent about an hour and a half in the Club Lounge for British Airways.


Complementary drinks and food were served, and there was even an open bar!


These are the nice arm chairs in the lounge, as opposed to the black seats by the terminal. Twinkly music was playing and everyone smelled really good. It was so quiet and peaceful. (I obviously stood out like I mentioned, everyone else was wearing business suits or carrying Louis Vuitton bags)



Couldn't help myself to these pre-flight snacks. Carrots with bleu cheese dressing, ham cheese and mayo sandwich, and cucumber cheese and salmon sandwich DELICIOUS!


Here is me enjoying my complementary cappuccino :) 


About to board my flight! It was a Boeing 747


The pod I was sitting in was in the middle of the plane, and I was facing backwards. There was a fabric stool that extended from a wall in front of me so that when I leaned my chair back all the way it formed into a bed. I was mystified by the touch screen television, and watched Hitch and The Big Bang Theory to keep my mind off of my fear of flying over open water.

They served dinner (not pictured) and it was so delicious I cannot even begin to describe. Steak tips, mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots. Prior to that we had a cooled tomato and goat cheese starter with arugula and pesto. And for dessert: chocolate and lemon cream pie. I also ordered 2 cokes with bacardi to help take the edge off my anxiety and help me fall asleep (it didn't work because it just gave me a headache and forced me to pee a lot).

When we arrived early in the morning they served us breakfast as well.  Bacon biscuits, croissants with jam and butter, cinnoman muffins, fresh fruit, orange juice smoothies, and coffee. 

I was in heaven! Best flight ever :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment