Sunday, June 16, 2013

10 More Days...


I'm taking this break from my 561 page book on King Henry VIII to announce that there are only 10 more days until I take off from US soil and begin my adventure abroad!

I am so excited and scared at the same time. 10 more days feels so short, how am I going to adequately mentally prepare myself for going to another country, and not knowing anybody, in ten short days?

With the help of my mom we have made all the arrangements: my flights, my stay at various hotels, my train tickets, my travel insurance, my updated passport, and my student visa courtesy of the British Consulate.

But until then I have four 8-hour shifts at Michael Kors, and five days off to pack and repack, and purchase last-minute necessities.

Aside from that, I will be cramming as much English history into my brain. I have 6 supplemental readings meant prior to the classes, and only a short while to read them. Late nights? I think yes.

Chrimes, S B. Henry VII. Eyre Methuen, 1972.
Loach, Jennifer. Edward VI. Yale University Press 1999.
Scarisbrick, J J. Henry VIII. Eyre and Spottiswode, 1968.
Duffy, Eamon. Fires of Faith: Catholic England Under Mary Tudor. Yale University Press, 2009.
Guy, John. 'My Heart is My Own': The Life of Mary Queen of Scots. Harper Perennial, 2004.
Knecht, R J. Catherine De' Medici. Longman 1997.


No comments:

Post a Comment